Trying different rotary encoders and knobs on split keyboards
- Aluminium Rotary Knob for EC11: Black / Silver
- 3D Printed Rotary Knob for EC12: https://github.com/GEIGEIGEIST/KLOTZ/tree/main/knob
ALPS EC12 vs ALPS EC11
- ALPS EC12 is much shorter than EC11. It's good for using in a low profile keyboard, for example Hillside / Sofle RGB Choc.
- However, unlike EC11, EC12 doesn’t include the push switch feature.
- There are also more choices of rotary knobs for EC11 than EC12.
- In Sofle RGB keyboard, the OLED acrylic cover restricted the size of the rotary knobs. The max. diameter of the knob is 15.5mm.